Thursday, October 1, 2009

Related to class last night

Hey everyone, I wanted to give you all the chance to watch the "Pole Dancing Miley" video on YouTube if you were curious about it after class last nigh: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxUr2ggLlhI

There is the link for it. I think more than the "pole dancing" (which really only lasts about 2 seconds), I was really surprised at what she is wearing! Her bra is hanging out (a look that middle schoolers were copying at my church a week later!) and her shorts are super short. She is 16 or 17 in this video and her father supports it. I think it's a little too much. She even had a stalker in Georgia where she was filming a movie recently, and it was a guy who was "in love with her" according to his own words. People start forgetting that these girls are still just teens because of how they dress.

(Also at the Teen Choice Awards: Dane Cook. Didn't quite get that one. Here is a clip of what he has to say to a room full of teenagers--- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EW6rUEPxVU)


And, finally, because I absolutely love these shirts (or not!), I thought I would include the new t-shirts from Hollister that you have probably all seen anyway. Exploiting teen sexuality? I say yes.


In case you can't read them, they say "Girls just wanna have sun," Legal-ISH," "What Tan Lines?" Save a Wave Ride a Surfer," I <3 the Woody," and "The twins are quite a handful."

2 comments:

  1. YIKES! If I see these at my school, I'll have to send the girls up for the administration to see...I think most of those slogans would warrant a change of clothes (or wearing the gym uniform shirt, which is the norm if clothing doesn't fit the dress code).

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...the "pole dancing"...not to mention the grinding, provocative poses, the short-shorts and the lude back-up singers...

    Disturbing indeed.

    ReplyDelete